75 years young
"Those who close their eyes to the past become blind to the present." - Richard Karl Freiherr von Weizsäcker (*1920)
In 1937, Konrad Kelle and his wife Emma acquired the Vollmeierhof No. 8, whose chronicle dates back to 1585. The couple quickly transformed the existing tavern into a thriving inn, which was initially named "Gasthof zu den Linden."
In 1958, the "Jägerhof," now led by the second generation, received its present name. In 1959, the first major renovation began, marking the beginning of ongoing structural changes. These changes temporarily ended in 1995 with the addition of the glass entrance hall. Frequent interior modernizations, coupled with continuous kitchen improvements, enhanced enjoyment, comfort, and coziness, establishing the Jägerhof as one of the leading establishments in the Hannover region.
For Maren and Cord Kelle, who took over the Jägerhof in 2013, the future of the historic inn is just beginning. They continue the tradition of their family, preserving the legacy while adapting to the needs of the modern age.
Congratulations on 75 years of history and excellence!
Celebrating the 75th anniversary and now managed by the third generation, this success story serves as an inspiration to continually make their establishment so attractive that it remains the contemporary home for their guests on their travels.